THE CODA COLLECTION PRESENTS A GLOBAL LIVE CELEBRATION…
METALLICA’S TWO 40TH ANNIVERSARY SHOWS STREAMING LIVE FROM SAN FRANCISCO
POWERED BY AMAZON MUSIC AND PRIME VIDEO CHANNELS
METALLICA AND THE CODA COLLECTION TO PARTNER FOR A SERIES OF CONCERT AND DOCUMENTARY FILMS TO BE RELEASED IN 2022
METALLICA AND AMAZON MUSIC RELEASE “THE METALLICA TAKEOVER” IN DJ MODE
The Coda Collection presents an exclusive global live streaming event — Metallica 40th Anniversary LIVE — a special two night event celebrating 40 years of Metallica.
Powered by streaming partners Amazon Music and Prime Video Channels, the exclusive free global live stream will showcase the band’s full hometown performances on December 17th and December 19th at San Francisco’s Chase Center.
While in-person tickets were available exclusively to members of the group’s Fifth Member fan club, now Metallica fans across the globe will be able to view both performances live from home or on mobile via Amazon Music, Amazon Music’s Twitch channel, and Prime Video (with or without Prime on-demand viewing Membership) beginning at 9pm PT /12am ET / 5am GMT / 2pm JST each night. The shows will then be made available exclusively at The Coda Collection/Prime Video Channel for subsequent viewing.
Metallica fans will also be able to watch films featured as part of the SF Takeover Film Fest, including “Cunning Stunts” and “Orgullo, Pasión, y Gloria: Tres Noches en la Ciudad de México” at the Coda Collection/ Prime Video Channel for the weekend.
The 40th anniversary live stream + films are just the beginning, kicking off an extensive partnership between The Coda Collection and Metallica, which will include a full slate of concert films, documentaries, and additional content spanning the band’s career arriving on the channel exclusively throughout 2022, alongside popular music films from the likes of Foo Fighters, Jimi Hendrix, Grateful Dead, and many more.
For more information on Metallica 40th Anniversary LIVE and to sign up for a tune-in reminder, visit https://bit.ly/metallica40live. To see a full list of the Metallica San Francisco Takeover activities and get daily updates go to www.metallica.com. To watch the live shows, go to Amazon Music 12/17 | 12/19
Metallica is also teaming up with Amazon Music to release “The Metallica Takeover,” a guest-hosted station available exclusively to Amazon Music Unlimited subscribers and Prime members. The band members will break down stories spanning the evolution of their music, set to a curated soundtrack featuring their biggest hits, fan favorites, and deep cuts.
The Metallica Takeover is the latest DJ Mode station to premiere on Amazon Music – a brand-new, on-demand listening experience that combines the personalization, control, and breadth of catalog of streaming with the vibrancy and personality of DJ-hosted radio. Fans can hear The Metallica Takeover now on Amazon Music, by simply asking “Alexa, play The Metallica Takeover” in the Amazon Music app for iOS and Android, and on Alexa-enabled devices.
About The Coda Collection
Launched in February 2021, The Coda Collection is available exclusively via Prime Video Channels. This unique, subscription streaming offering features an exclusive, curated selection of the most iconic music documentaries, concert films, and episodic series spanning decades and genres paired with a complementary website exploring new perspectives on music and featuring exclusive interviews with some of the biggest names in music. The Coda Collection offers hundreds of hours of exclusive concert and documentary content from artists ranging from such legendary icons as John Lennon, Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix, The Rolling Stones, AC/DC and Pearl Jam to contemporary premieres of new material by such diverse artists as The Cure, Evanescence, Billy Strings, Jane’s Addiction, The Black Crowes, Foo Fighters, the critically acclaimed Dave Grohl-directed documentary ‘What Drives Us’, and Nigel Godrich’s seminal “From The Basement” performance series featuring such artists as the White Stripes, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Radiohead and others.
The Coda Collection is available to Amazon Prime members in the U.S. now for $4.99 per month with a free 7-day trial. To see the complete library of titles available to stream exclusively on The Coda Collection, click HERE. To explore The Coda Collection and to sign up for a free 7-day trial, visit www.codacollection.co.
About Prime Video
Prime Video offers customers a vast collection of movies, series, and sports—all available to watch on hundreds of compatible devices.
- Included with Prime Video: Watch movies, series and sports, including Thursday Night Football. Enjoy series and films, including the newly released Cinderella, Emmy Award-nominated satirical superhero drama The Boys, limited series The Underground Railroad, and the films Sylvie’s Love and Uncle Frank, and the smash hits Coming 2 America, Tom Clancy’s Without Remorse, The Tomorrow War, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, Upload, and My Spy, as well as Emmy- and Golden Globe-winners Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Golden Globe-winner Small Axe, Academy Award-winner Sound of Metal, Golden Globe-winner and Academy Award-nominee Borat Subsequent Moviefilm, and Academy Award-nominees One Night in Miami… and Time. Prime members also get access to licensed content.
- Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add channels like discovery+, Paramount+, BET+, EPIX, Noggin, NBA League Pass, MLB.TV, STARZ, and SHOWTIME—no extra apps to download, and no cable required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. View the full list of channels available at amazon.com/channels.
- Rent or Buy: Enjoy new-release movies to rent or buy, entire seasons of current TV shows available to buy, and special deals just for Prime members.
- Instant access: Watch at home or on the go with your choice of hundreds of compatible devices. Stream from the web or using the Prime Video app on your smartphone, tablet, set-top box, game console, or select smart TV.
- Enhanced experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD- and High Dynamic Range (HDR)-compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favorite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.
Prime Video is just one of many shopping and entertainment benefits included with a Prime membership, along with fast, free shipping on millions of Prime-eligible items at Amazon.com, unlimited photo storage, exclusive deals and discounts, and access to ad-free music and Kindle eBooks. To sign up or start a 30-day free trial of Prime, visit: amazon.com/prime.
About Amazon MusicAmazon Music reimagines music listening by enabling customers to unlock millions of songs and thousands of curated playlists and stations with their voice. Amazon Music provides unlimited access to new releases and classic hits across iOS and Android mobile devices, PC, Mac, Echo, and Alexa-enabled devices including Fire TV and more. With Amazon Music, Prime members have access to ad-free listening of 2 million songs at no additional cost to their membership. Listeners can also enjoy the premium subscription service, Amazon Music Unlimited, which provides access to more than 75 million songs and the latest new releases. Amazon Music Unlimited customers also now have access to the highest-quality listening experience available, with more than 75 million songs available in High Definition (HD), more than 7 million songs in Ultra HD, and a growing catalog of spatial audio. Customers also have free access to an ad-supported selection of top playlists and stations on Amazon Music. All Amazon Music tiers now offer a wide selection of podcasts at no additional cost, and live streaming in partnership with Twitch. Engaging with music and culture has never been more natural, simple, and fun. For more information, visit amazonmusic.com or download the Amazon Music app.
The Coda Collection
Peter Quinn, Sam Citron